Thursday, May 10, 2012

Rejection

As i write this post today i am filled with a bundle of emotions,a sense of hope and a great deal of excitement mixed with remorse.It is a night which will be the toughest night to pass through for some time to come.I cant explain nor put it on paper how i feel at this moment.

I write this post with a great sense of anticipation and a great deal of nostalgia associated with it.The reason i chose to write about rejection today is i am hoping that my rejection marathon ends tomorrow or someday.The past few months have been a great deal of burden and stress on my relatively sensitive and shock prone heart.I would say 2012 is the year of rejection,the numbers are awe inspiring,i have got rejected from every damn thing i ever wanted to apply or do.I was confident and exhilarated haughtiness in great amounts at the end of last year,told my folks that my actions would do all the talking.But 2012 has brought me back to mother earth with a thrashing blow.I was initially disappointed.My friends and family took the brunt(i am glad they were patient and believed in me for this last few months)I cant thank you enough.There is a great deal i learn't in these past few months and i am sure people who are going through a similar phase would be on the same page as i am.The CEO of Sanofi-Aventis(which is a fortune 500 company and one of the fastest growing industries),told all of us one thing constantly at annual sales meetings,"Friends,no matter what adversity u face or whatever hurdles come your way,WE NEVER NEVER EVER GIVE UP".He used to say it with such rhetoric that we used to have goosebumps.I have started believing in it and i have become an eternal optimist.Now,i feel i want as many rejections as i can at the earliest phase of my life,the premise being that i dont have to deal with it later.But,there will be one day where opportunity and acceptance in tandem strike my way and that will be my fate.I am still waiting for that day.Hope all of you reached there.Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment